TerraLink IP encoder
19 inch rack solution
The TerraLink is a 19 inch 1U high system with two bonded Ethernet connections. The TerraLink is the ideal back up solution for SNG trucks, but also enables any video vehicle with a bonded wireless uplink.
The system supports both DHCP and fixed IP number configuration and has a separate LCD touch screen for management and configuration. The system can also be managed using the LinkMatrix panel and makes it possible to configure maximum bitrate, video resolution and delay. The Terralink IP encoder can be extended with 8 times 3G/4G modems.
- Live uplink from vehicle or location using bonded Internet, or satellite links like BGAN and KA band
- Back up solution for SNG trucks
- Live radio report via the public internet (ISDN not needed any more)
The delay can be set from 0.8 sec up to 60 seconds When the delay is selected this will remain the end-to-end delay during the complete broadcast. This is what is considered fixed delay time. IFB or return audio is also available at less than a second delay.
Store & Forward
The Terralink IP encoder its bundling technology to become a high volume data Store & Forward unit and data bonding unit for Internet access. This means that the system uses its entire available bandwidth to transport any kind of file trough its connections to a FTP server.
Hotspot and Databonding
Like most WMT systems also a hotspot is available for Internet access. The hotspot uses the bonded bandwidth of connections together providing enormous upload speeds. The device also supports full databonding across all connections and is available via the Wi-Fi hotspot or via the Ethernet connection. Both the hotspot and databonding funtionality work in parallel with the transmission of video, however video is always prioritized so no interruptions due to unexpected data transmissions.
Manage & Control
In combination with the web-based platform the LinkMatrix where it is possible toy control, manage and administer all WMT devices and connections. The LinkMatrix is multi-destination and makes it possible to publish the same feed on many platforms including Social Media and private CDN’s.
- 2x Ethernet 10/100/1000 base-t
- SD;SD- SDI,SD-HDMI, 4 x analog audio balanced
- HD;HD- SDI,HD-HDMI
- Jack IFB/Audio return
- 5 X USB
- SD; full D1, Pal and NTSC mode
- HD; 720p50, 720p60 and 720p59,94, 1080p30 (10080p50, 1080p60 optional with special card)
- HD; 1080i50, 1080i60 and 1080i59,94
- H 264 high profile MVP codec
- H.265 main profile MVP codec
- Wifi (optional)
- No build in sim modems, upgradable with max 8 modems
- 120 GByte internal, up to 1T Byte using optional sleeve
- Simultaneously live streaming and recording in SD and HD
- SD: High quality CBR (Constant Bit Rate) in SD H.264 or H.265 up to 30 Mbit
- HD: High quality CBR (Constant Bit Rate) in H.264 or H.265 up to 30 Mbit
- 10/100/1000 base-t
- Dedicated appliance 220-240 volt
- Weighs approximately 2,5 kilograms
- 1U 19” rackmount
- Live: Adaptive encoding and bitrate change with three options or with a slider (optional), with configurable delay between 1*-60 seconds (* On software version 17.4)
- Upload; it sends over recordings and content of an USB stick to a FTP server
- Recording: CBR encoding at 30 Mbit on internal or external SSD disk
- Satellite + BGAN: Specific modes to optimize transmission over BGAN and KA satellite. With Satellite we can keep the delay at 1.8 seconds using 3G/4G modems for the return channel and IFB.
- Stand-by/Databonding: In this mode the unit is a true databonding unit for high speed uploads and Internet access. Also in the other modes data connectivity is available but live video gets prioritized.
- PostPro license (optional): In this mode the system records next to a high res CBR a low res proxy file which can used for remote editing and only partial retrieve
- PSU 90-220 Volt AC to 12 Volt DC