The world’s first 12G 4K-enabled encoder
The Agile UltraLink 4K is the first bonded backpack transmitter that provides real 4K. It is capable of delivering true 50/60 frames-per-second 4K and Ultra HD video quality from the field using 4G bonding technology.
As well its 4K abilities, the UltraLink boosts 2x 6G and 12G inputs for added performance and flexibility, as well as support for both H.265 and H.264 encoding, which ensures total end-to-end compliancy using standard-based decoders or IRDs.
Best of class video
Smaller than a shoebox, the compactness of the UltraLink makes it easier than ever before for broadcasters to deliver best-in-class video quality from any location with minimal equipment. The 10 bonded connections including WiFi and Ethernet deliver the enormous upload speeds that are necessary for 4K streaming and data Internet access or file upload at the same time.
Hotspot and Databonding
Like most WMT systems also a hotspot is available for Internet access. The hotspot uses the bonded bandwidth of all modems together providing enormous upload speeds. The device also supports full databonding across all connections and is available via the Wi-Fi hotspot or via the Ethernet connection. Both the hotspot and databonding funtionality work in parallel with the transmission of video, however video is always prioritized so no interruptions due to unexpected data transmissions.
Store & Forward
The UltraLink utilizes its bundling technology to become a high-volume data Store & Forward unit. This means that the WMT uses its entire available upload bandwidth to transport any kind of file through its connections to an FTP server. IFB or return audio is also available at less than a second delay.
The UltraLink also supports transmission via Ka-sat and has a default storage capacity of 120 GB which can be upgraded until one TB.
Manage & Control
In combination with the web-based platform the LinkMatrix it is possible to control, manage and administer all WMT devices and connections. The LinkMatrix is multi-destination and makes it possible to publish the same feed on many platforms including Social Media and private CDN’s.
- 2 x Ethernet 10/100/1000 base-t
- SD;SD- SDI, SD-HDMI
- HD;HD- SDI,HD-HDMI
- XLR-3 IFB/Audio return
- 2 embedded audio channels; optional 8
- 1 x USB for Store & Forward FTP file transfer
- Touch screen
- SD; full D1
- HD; 720p50, 720p60 and 720p59,94, 1080p30 (10080p50, 1080p60 optional with special card)
- HD; 1080i50, 1080i60 and 1080i59,94
- 4K: 4K UHD
- Framerate 50, 60, 59,94
- 8 Modems, LTE(4G), fallback 3G
- 120 Gigabyte (can be higher on request)
- SD: High quality CBR (Constant Bit Rate) in SD while broadcasting adaptive live stream
- HD: High quality CBR (Constant Bit Rate) in HD while broadcasting adaptive live stream
- 4K: High quality CBR( Constant Bit Rate) in 4K while broadcasting adaptive live stream
INTERNET CONNECTIVITY THROUGH DATABONDING
- WiFi hotspot
- Access via ethernet interface
- 10/100/1000 base-T
- Dedicated appliance 12-24 volt
- Weighs +/- 2,4 kilograms
- 26cmx19cmx9cm (WxBxH)
- Live; Adaptive encoding and bitrate change with three options or with a slider (optional), with configurable delay between 1-60 seconds
- Upload send over contents of an USB stick to a FTP server
- Recording: CBR encoding at 30 Mbit on internal or external SSD disk
- Satellite + 3G/4G+ BGAN: Specific modes to optimize transmission over BGAN and KA satellite. With Satellite +3G/4G we can keep the delay at 1.8 seconds using 3G/4G modems for the return channel and IFB.
- Stand-by/Databonding: In this mode the unit is a true databonding unit for high speed uploads and Internet access. Also in the other modes data connectivity is available but live video gets prioritized.
- PostPro license (optional): In this mode the system records next to a high res CBR a low res proxy file which can used for remote editing and only partial retrieve
- Industry standard battery plate (Anton Bauer or V-Lock)
- PSU 90-240 Volt AC to 12 Volt DC
- Choice of aerials available:
- Omnidirectional 0 and 3 dBi
- 11 dBi Directional array